Monday 13 July 2009

A week of promo.

Bank holiday Monday saw me undertake a 15 hour Spin at David Lloyd Westbury Bristol (my daytime employer) in aid of WellChild and in training for our crazy cycle event Ride of my life. I managed 12 hours with 'breaks' to take the Dl Kids for sports! Christopher Hole did the complete 15 hours Chris Hole The 10pm plunge pool after a day in the saddle was bliss! My diet as always was elite...Pt. Guinness and chocolate brownie, when will I learn!
tuesday was the UWE and Bristol Uni. Varsity game. An oppertunity to promote not to be missed. I cover my shifts and headed just up the road to the Memorial stadium filton Av. to wait for the student feeding frenzy. Base camp was Granma Remmingtons (my friend Gracey Gran) house just outside the ground. Granny was good enough to let me leave my bike at hers whilst me and Grace hit the streets...well literally out the front door and right 50 yards! It was v. cold but thanks to what I saw as a rather fetching cycling jacket I was tip top and warm (see Flyering at Varsity) Varsity was great but we decided that we liked UWE student more than Bristol...I do remember being that arrogant rugby cock at Birmingham Uni so I had a little more patience than Grace for The Cugga-Rugga-Buggers*!
*characterized by Jack Wills, Old Boy Ties, "Pipe down", "Chin it Fresher" and big hair!
On Wednesday I was shattered the Spin and Flyering had taken it's toll. My manager Andrew Dent had said "you're the ultimate burn the candles at both ends guy" and it was true I was maxin' out Team Casey**
**The name my close friends give me cos I seems to always be on a mission fit for a team of people
I still managed to make it in for my freelance kid work (teaching sports) where I was handed a gem of info by Sam the receptionist. A huge student night was in the offing at Proganda. I though fu*k it i'll be there and check out the craic. So when a early night was a prerequisite I found myself outside the well light Money Shop near syndicate night club trying to peddle my wears!
Thursday and Friday were a wash-out both work and weather-wise so the next Team Casey** outing was Saturday. I thought of heading up to The Downs again as it had been so productive the weekend before but i'd convinced myself it was too windy (I think really I needed a rest). Bollox. to that! I manned up made a few phone calls as was soon sat in the heart of student living (a student Halls in the centre of town) with a Guy called Flash, who has contact to The UWE Student President and also The White Heart let alone access to a massive party Hall of students! WHat a legend.... Whilst in the Hall did the most unscrupless bit of marketing corning some fresher in a lift...they had the whole ride down to listen to my spiel! After this I headed up to Clifton to see my friend Alex who birthday it was...I was very pleased to see my illustrator Lucy Lucy Oldfield's Website (Check out her website she's fantastic! We ended up at the Old Duke pub on Welshback which that night was a bit 'edgy' as apparently there had been quite a lot of thievery before we got there.
Sunday was the big Day The Hill Lash. I was shitting it as I'd put so much effort into organizing and promoting. It wasn't exactly the huge promo. event hoped for but the thing that gave me heart was it was great to see my friend out in force. Ruth Pullin who has number 1 copy of The Lash even emailed me after the event with a well though out marketing ploy...you can't put a price on friends like that. Check out The legendary Lash Case Race
Next time: Wake up call for The Bristol Cycle menace as nick crashes his bike at high speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment