Monday 13 July 2009

The Peak district is beautiful. I highly recommended to all. I was honored to be invited to the Wedding of Martin (family friend) and Annette in Buxton. There was loads of family and friends there and was a fab. event. I did feel like a impostor/'non-believer' having come with no 'date' and no real prospect of 'girlfriend' on horizon. Being married to The Lash doesn't really count so I was grouped with the expectable form of bachelor, those which are married to Her Majesties Armed Forces. So it was me, Andrew (Calvary: 9th/12th Royal Lancers (Prince of Wales)) and Dave (RAF) fighting of that fat curlery a haired thing with the bow....who seemed to be menacing the event! No single brides maids didn't help our cause!
Andrew started off a trend of ordering 'Moscow Mules': (Double Vodka , Ginger Beer and Angistira Bitters) which continued all night. He also taught me a few drinking games from the Calvary which; whilst he explained, I thought, how the fuck can normal people afford the volume and type of drink preposed! They're now jotted down for a day I'm not a poor entrepreneur! We hit-up the local night club suited and booted! I was the last to leave after trying my luck with a particularly fine (large in terms of of athletic build...I was out of my depth!) Polish girl. When I returned to my Hotel I found that I'd lost the key code for the night door...fuck! After a panic which turned me into a cat burglar and a walk half way round Buxton I was lucky enough to find myself tucked up in The Palace, Buxton (a very fine hotel) with Andrew the Calvary officer! Turning up at Breakfast in the same clothes I had gone to the Wedding in was particularly typical of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment