Monday 13 July 2009

Origins - A Labour of Lash!

This is Nick's first Blog as so I want to introduce how I got myself into this pickle....
I have a book (well I hope you know it now since your on my website!) I believe it's a top guide to drinking games. People always ask me want the USP (unique selling point) of 'The Lash'? No other book give you the insight into the what it really take to boss out a drinking...it's raw and militant!
I came to embody the spirit of The Lash 3 years ago at Birmingham University. People called my asshole alter-ego 'Bobby' (after a particularly cuntish Rugby Union player of the same name)! Nick as Bobby didn't except fines not being taken, he was loud and always on form. Bobby insured that everyone got pissed and that everyone felt included. He really was soft at heart but you'd never want to step out of line when he was in full flow. Bobby learnt his trade playing rugby Union before university in Bristol but his games and demeanor were refined (well corrupted) on Brumski (Uni ski trips) and with Birmingham University Waterpolo Club and BURL (Birmingham University Rugby League) which Nick a.k.a 'Bobby' was 1st team Capt)
At uni I started a list of drinking games just for fun. People soon started to know about this list and so they would come up to me and say "do you have this one?" or "have you heard of that one?"...and so the list grew. After uni finished I didn't get that grad job or do anything deemed a 'proper' job. Instead I worked for an international school in Belgium part-time and when still in England work labour jobs or mindless office jobs.
It was during one of these mindless office jobs for AXA that I started writing a book called 'Nothing Matters More Than The Game". I had it saved as a fake named file on there system and would write it any time that I could, always collapsing it if the boss came passed. It soon became an enormous document over 100,000 words (bear in mind my University dissertation was only 12K). It had got out of hand and I needed to tame the beast, so I decided that I'd try and cut it back making a book comprising of only the best games. Anything that could be got rid of was, and this became 'The Lash'. With enormous help from friends and family, two years after starting the project and as I later found out from my accountant after 8k personal investment (not to mention a loan from my dad) I had a book! The Lash was born in Oct 2008!
Now guys follow my story as attempt to get it noticed...
My goals
To sell 2,000 copies by Jan 2010
To pay back my angry ginger brummy dad a.k.a Psycho Pearcy (errr?...SON!) the 2k he stumped up, as until this is done my Gran will never forgive me!
To realise the crazy dream I had 5 years ago about teaching everyone how to get f**kin battered in a good and honorable way!
It shouldn't be that hard...right?
So follow 'cabonca' on Utube (see the original film)  'WolfridgeLtd' on Twitter and join 'The Lash' facebook group to see how it goes!
Next blog 'Marketing Starts' coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment