Monday 20 July 2009

St. Paul's Carnival

On friday the 3rd July I had been invited to the home of one of my P.T. Clients (I work for a gym when not trying to be Felix Dennis*). The beer was great and I'd forgotten what it was to be in non student (well young professional company) i.e. the beers were served in glasses that had been bought and not smuggled like E.T. (under that t-shirt) from a pub beer garden. Obligatory, was a copy of The Lash. This went to the Cousins of my Patron: Seelva and Sevahn, both at the end of their European 'vacation'.  Obviously banter with any Amercia is guns (i.e. our populace is not armed to the teeth) especially those from The South. Sevahn had said that her dad feared for her safety at university and so had suggested a gun....I now definitely fear for her safety with a gun and armed with a copy of The Lash. I'd love to have footage of Yee'ha (Pg. 53) played by Texans. Please post to 'Cabonca' (a.k.a me) on Utube!

*Millionaire owner of Dennis Publishing a.k.a. Maxim Mag. + PC Mags. Made his money strangly from being a Bruce Lee buff. 

Saturday. Bristol at it's best! Grimmy and out there. ST PAULS CARNIVAL!!!! If you've never been, it's a must to know what Bristol is all about.  I made my way down to Portland Sq. for 6ish in bright sunshine bottle of wine in one hand and copy of The Lash in the other.  Me and the peeps (the cast from the book + illustrator and assorted friends) sat together on the grass. As always I was on the Business...taking copies of the book over to other groups in the square.  I even boss out a game for some complete randoms using my wine as the fine. They must have thought WTF! MOst of the rest of the night is a blur....I managed to get my bag nicked (well i left it on the street and when returned it wasn't there), so someone in St. Paul's has 6 copies of The Lash and 100 flyers....hope they appreciate art (lol.), plus generally I spent the next 6-8 hours raving to Drum and Bass, eating Jurk* Chicken and swilling Red Stripe!


*A type of spiced flavoring from Jamaica

The following Wednesday 15th Saw me do a deal with Merchant news near the Youth Hostel and Arnolfini on the Water front.  The sell started well as I walked in a met at the counter a passed customer I'd randomly sold too in Bottoms Up on the Gloucester Rd.  It seemed to good to be true and I suspected the proprietor smelt a set up.  Cutting to the chase he took 10 copies after very little persuasion and even wanted flyers and posters.  So if your on Bristol Harbor side anytime soon get down Merchant News as it is the Cheapest place to get a copy of The Lash in the shops!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment