Monday 13 July 2009

The old dog @ old boyz

The Last weekend of May saw my brother suit fitting (23 May) and another Downs (park in Bristol) mission. Unfortunately when you see every sunny day as an opportunity to promote in parks your running the risk of never enjoying a sunny day. So sunday night after my 112 miles on The Tour of Wessex I ensured I didn't promote but join my housemates in the chilled out surroundings of St. Andrews Park.
Weekend of 30/31st i returned to the roots in Olveston (a small village north of Bristol). People from Olveston are a little funny....there seems to be a massive magnet contained in the bell tower of the village church and every 'Olvestonian' is emplaned from birth with a piece of metal in their head. Consequently I saw many old friends.
The weekend of the 6th June is a biggy! Old boyz!!!! (check out the Utube video Old Boyz ) Chance to come back and live for one night only as the legend you once were! "FRANK THE TANK, FRANK THE TANK!!!"
Old boyz are commonly goaded with "Old nick would have done it!" and "We used to know you"
This was a huge business trip for me! I managed to get through 70 mins of Rugby with only minor facial reconfiguration. I saw Rugby Union (Thanks to Goffy) for a great promotional photo, Men's Footy (Thanks to ex-house mate Toby), Waterpolo (various connections) and Womens Rugby (via some ill-conceived sexual conquests). Jimmy (Ex 1st team capt.) had threatened to give me a shot of 'Unicum' (very nasty Baileys like drink) every time I mentioned the book. This went out of the window due to the sheer scale of my Lash Blasphemies. I did however get fined for leaving the court table to strip off my clothes with The Waterpolo capt. Kosh. Me and Kosh go back along way and our tour to Spain is the stuff of Uni legend...not bad for someone that can't even play Waterpolo!

No comments:

Post a Comment